My Invisible Husband

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz



My Invisible Husband

Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm Not Saying I'm a Gold Digger But...

"Now I ain't saying she a gold digger. . . But she ain't messing with no broke __" are a few of the lyrics to "Gold Digger" a popular song by Kanye West and Jamie Foxx.

I heard the song over the weekend and decided to center this week's post around it. Some may disagree with what I'm about to say, but there's nothing wrong with a woman because she wants the royal treatment from the men she dates. Not only do women in the romance stories that we read and write want a knight in shining armor, most women, if they admit it, do too. And the man doesn't have to be rich to be a woman's knight. The average man can be that and so much more, if he wants to be. Most men spend money on things they care about (i.e., his car, his house, etc). So why shouldn't he spend something on you if he professes to care about you.

A woman shouldn't be labeled a gold digger just because she wants a man with a job, his own car, his own place and who is not afraid to treat her to a few nice things every now and then. No woman in her right mind sets out to fall in love with a broke man. Of course, it happens, and love is what it is--you deal with it and hopefully build a loving relationship regardless of how deep his pockets are.

Believe it or not, even after this post, I'm not a gold digger. I just want a man who has more than a penny to his name and if he only has a penny, he cares enough to spend some of that penny on me.

The Nikki questions this week: Does it make you a gold digger because you like nice things and want to be spoiled by your significant other? and/or Have you ever been labeled a gold digger and was it warranted?

15 your rant or rave



Click it, you'll get some if you do;)