Lyric James has this on her blog so I thought it would be fun for us to do here. Tell me Something...10 things. I'll start it off.
10 Things About Me:
1. My nickname is Ebony Eyes or Ebony for short
2. I am petrified of spiders (okay let me be real...of all bugs)
3. I can type 80 words per minute
4. I was on the debate team in high school
5. Speaking of high school, I did the benediction at my high school graduation.
6. I was part of a singing/rap duo...we were going to be the next Salt N Pepper.
7. I was part of the SU Homecoming court as Ms PCA (representing my hometown).
8. I have a crush on Cedric Ceballos(who is that...only the cutest guy who ever played in the NBA).
9. I am a Lifetime Movie holic...if I watch TV, more than likely I'm watching a lifetime movie (well that's when CSI or The Unit isn't on)
10. I have no kids and it doesn't bother me not to (I got asked that question so many times this past week that I thought I would address it...although I doubt if they read my blog).
Look who has an interview on the Jus' Writin' Life Blog:
http://www.juswritinlife.com. While there take a look around.
One of my articles (Press Releases: Can You Write One Yourself) is in this month's Romance Divas "The Diva Dish" newsletter:
I'm a guest blogger at Savvy Miss...check it out when you get a chance:
http://www.savvymiss.com/your-blogs/your-blogs-archive/article/will-the-independent-women-please-stand-up-431.html. Dont' forget to voice your opinions.
This week's post is about something that most of the country is talking about this week. What were you doing 5 years ago on this date-9/11? Even if I wanted to forget, I can't. It happened 5 days before my birthday and is a reminder of how precious life is. I wrote this after hearing a lot of people talking about their fears.
by Shelia M. Goss
TRUST. What does the word really mean? Trust can be defined as faith, belief, hope, or confidence. It can also be looked at as an action. Does your action dictate who you trust?
"In God We Trust" is imprinted on our currency. Now individually, this may ring true, but as a nation are we entrusting our lives with God or are we now in 'revenge' mode because of the events of that horrific event five years ago? In the past, we put faith in the fact that our nation is considered a "super power," to protect us from the violence that other nations see daily. Faith here is misguided, because the only SUPER POWER is GOD. There is only One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism-Ephesians 4:5.
Does this scripture hold true in your life? The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Saviour; thou savest me from violence. - 2 Samuel 22:3
If we put our Trust in God and not in man, then we will not live in "fear mode." Unfortunately for some people, it's easier for them to live in fear, than to believe that God will protect them from the harms of the world, which includes terrorist acts, etc. If we allowed him to guide our lives, trust would not be a difficult thing to achieve. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding—Proverbs 3:5.
In light of problems that occur in our lives, we must remain hopeful. Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD - Psalm 31:34. Do not forget to look upwards when going through the storms of life. Know that when trials come your way, God is just a prayer away.
How many of us have been surrounded by friends when our pockets are full, but when they're empty; not one friend can be found? How many of us have been in relationships, not knowing that the other person couldn't be trusted? How many times have we entrusted our mates or friends with personal information, only to hear it distorted through the grapevine? So the next time you find yourself in a predicament, try calling on the Almighty. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. - Psalm 118:8
Who do you rely on, depend on, confide in, or commit to? Your response to all of those questions, is the answer to this one-In Whom Do You Trust?
While there take a look around. I updated my website: www.sheliagoss.com.