My Invisible Husband

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz



My Invisible Husband

Friday, December 02, 2005

I Don’t Love You Anymore
By Guest Blogger Sylvia Hubbard

Why is that so hard to say to another human being?

When our pet gets on our nerve or becomes an inconvenience we can just drop it off at the Humane Society or get rid of it.

Although we can’t drop our mate off at the Humane Society, unfortunately, we are not abruptly honest with them when our emotions wane for how we feel about them.

I mean at least when we get rid of the pet we’re telling them right out I don’t want you in my life anymore.

So why do we keep men (or women) hanging on? Why can’t we drop them like a bad habit?! Why is it so easy to say I love you, but so hard to say I don’t love you anymore?

You may excuse your admittance by saying that: You don’t want to hurt him/her feelings.

Yet because you feel the way you do – the lack of love you have for them – it’s easy for you to thoughtlessly hurt their feelings, cause frustrations in their lives, disrespectfully treat them like crap and verbally tear them down. You cheat on them; lie to them and you do whatever you have to do to not spend time with them.

Wouldn’t it be just easy to say I don’t love you anymore?

Jamie Foxx’s break up movie was almost eloquent in the art of breaking up. There are rules people should follow amidst a departure, but bottom line do it as soon as you feel you don’t want to be with that person anymore.

I don’t want to be anywhere I’m not wanted, valued, cherished or loved.

I’d rather you tell me those words then continuously leave me holding on as if things were going to get better.

Don’t do me any favors anymore in not hurting my feelings. Just say it: You don’t love me anymore!

Detroit Native, Sylvia Hubbard is author of Stone’s Revenge, founder of Motown Writers Network and single mother of three. A romantic suspense writer, she has two blogs. One is a story blog (http://sylviahubbard.blogspot.com/) and the other is her journal blog called How To Love a Black Woman (http://loveablackwoman.blogspot.com/) In 2006, she’ll be releasing her newest erotic intrigue book, Mistaken Identity, worldwide. Her website is: http://sylviahubbard.com/.

11 your rant or rave



Click it, you'll get some if you do;)