After watching one of my favorite authors, Terry McMillian, and her ex-gay husband on Oprah this past week I came to the conclusion that LOVE IS BLIND.
Now that we know Jonathan has clearly come out of the closet, one might ask themselves, why didn't Terry see that he was gay? Hmmm. Well, how can I put this. It starts with an L and ends with an E or it could end with a T. Lust led to love and love blinded her. Simple.
I can't knock Terry because so many times we ourselves have been blinded by love. How many times has someone tried to warn you about a man who you later find out to be a dog with a capital D? Sometimes our own intuition kicks in and warns us that he is not the one, but we ignore our internal radar and fall for the handsome face or buff body.
Here are a few sure signs you need to run away (regardless if he's heterosexual, bisexual or just came out the closet gay):
1. If your man is constantly getting checked out by gay men, run the other way.
2. If your man stays in the mirror more than you do, you might want to think again and run the other way.
3. If your man uses vaseline on his lips, you got it--run the other way.
4. If your man stops pleasing you sexually, don't stand for it--run the other way.
5. If your family and friends tell you something just ain't right about him--listen--they can see something you can't--run the other way.
Okay, I think you get the point. To PROTECT your heart AND your HEALTH, you must take off the blinders and see the man for who and what he is.
Love might be blind, but that doesn't mean you have to be.