My Invisible Husband

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz



My Invisible Husband

Friday, December 16, 2005

15 Things

Nikki Woods "tagged" me. My assignment: to write fifteen interesting facts about my writing/reading life. Some of these you know about me, but then again maybe not.

Writing:
1. I can write the first draft of a novel in a month if the characters are vivid in my head. I usually wait until the characters hound me to write their story so that it'll flow. I've tried writing any other kind of way but it doesn't work for me. My characters must speak to me :)

2. I like complete solitude when writing. I don't like being interrupted unless it's an emergency; otherwise, you will get a half of a response. You could ask me to sign over my life's savings and I would say okay because I'm not really listening to you when I'm in a writer's zone.

3. I dream movies. I wish I could finance all of the great movie ideas I dream of. I have to keep a notepad by my bed to write short synopsis of what I've dreamed for future use.

4. I do a character sketch for every main character. By the time I finish with the character sketch, I know the character better than I know my friends...lol

5. I don't like to let people read my stuff unless it's finished because I know me. I will more than likely change some stuff when I go through the edits.

6. One of my novels is written under a pen name due to the fact that most of my books are considered women's fiction and I don't want to mix up my reading audience. No I am not telling you my pen name (smile).

7. None of my stories are about me. Although some folks swear I'm the over 30 never been married character of one of my novels. My stories are all fiction. I only meet folks later that have similiar characteristics as my characters. Reality is stranger than fiction.

8. Due to my vivid imagination, My motto "I write stories with a twist" developed and that's my goal with every story.

Reading:
9. I'm an avid reader and read in all genres. Reading is my favorite pasttime. My favorite however is either romance or mysteries. There's nothing like a good romance or a good mystery.

10. I write during the day and read at night.

11. If the book is good, it doesn't take me long to read it. If it's not, it takes me forever.

12. I can read by myself or in a crowd. I've mastered the art of tuning folks out.

13. I've started reading more street fiction and find that I enjoy it.

14. I used to write book reviews monthly so for the longest I was required to read a book. Now that I'm not reviewing books as often, the joy of reading has resurfaced. I enjoy reading "just because."

15. If I meet an author and they have a bad attitude, I usually don't read anymore of their books. Even if I was their number one fan before.

Next--
Anyone who wants to do it.

3 your rant or rave



Click it, you'll get some if you do;)