My Invisible Husband

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz



My Invisible Husband

Monday, August 01, 2005

Are You A Closet Gold Digger?

Some of you are probably saying, what in the world is she talking about today?

The reason why I pose the question is because my ex claimed an issue he had with me is that he felt he could never live up to my financial expectation. He didn't call me a "gold digger" but he came close.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that the things he did for me was because he wanted to, not because of any pressure or "obligations." Now if I had insisted on that Coach bag I've been eyeing for the last nine months or even that tennis bracelet that would go good with the matching pair of earrings at my favorite jewelry store, I could see how he could come to that conclusion.

But since the facts don't support his statements, I think he wishes I was a gold digger. Hindsight is 20/20. I should have insisted on those things and so much more.

During the last few months of the relationship, he took it upon himself to buy me a top of the line Sony radio for my car with XM Satellite radio. When the new camera/video phones came out on the market, he had to buy me one. I would have been happy with a phone where I could download those cute ring tones. Grant it, I love gifts so I wasn't going to turn those and many others down.
I just have a problem with someone who expresses those type of feelings because they are feeling guilty. They are going through financial difficulties right now and probably want their stuff back to sell on Ebay, but they should know "good and well" that they can want all they want to, because when you gave it to me, it became MINE.

No, I'm not materialistic. But after investing time, energy, and emotions in a relationship, homey gets nothing back. If that makes me a gold digger, than by all means, let me get my shovel out so I can enjoy the dig.

6 your rant or rave



Click it, you'll get some if you do;)