My Invisible Husband

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz



My Invisible Husband

Monday, October 09, 2006

Single Me, Financially Ready
Contributed by Kandie Delley


The media hype surrounding unmarried, career focused women in their thirties isn't always fabulous. Normally they are stories filled with the desperation of 'sistah girls' seeking 'Mr. Right.' Our society has a long way to go to accept the growing number of women who have decided to be more than just wifey and/or mommy!

For some women the 'single' status is a 'weird' place to be and for others it's the only place to be. Regardless of where you imagined yourself by your thirties 'romantically,' your single status is a GREAT opportunity to get financially READY!

Over the years, I've learned to appreciate my single hood and take advantage of this time in my life to pursue other things such as outdoor & water sports, entertainment goals, completing my degree and starting my own business. As a matter of fact, I'm even preparing to own my first home.

It was a process to change my mindset about this purchasing a home as a single woman, however in doing so my whole perspective to managing finances have changed. My system and beliefs about budgeting, investing, home ownership, and saving have totally shifted in a direction that promotes a healthier and fiscally responsible ME.

So my guest blog is about being financially ready for the great things life can and will bring your way. And believe me; life will land some pretty unexpected things in your lap. And for those women, who are still focused on the "Mr. Right" angle of single hood, think about it this way; "Are you a complement or representation of the man you'd like to meet?"

If not, take this time to become the woman you want to be and a bigger blessing to that special man when he finds you!

Kandie Delley
www.kandiedelley.com
Sidaei Entertainment
www.sidaei.com
http://www.myspace.com/kandiescavern

6 your rant or rave



Click it, you'll get some if you do;)